Monday, December 25, 2017

Book Excerpt #32 "The King and I"

56. The King and I 

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4: 16) 

Visualizing a throne, various images from films or storybooks come to mind. I see an elaborate room where those present are either in awe, or in dread of a king seated before them. This verse refers to a spiritual throne room where God, the one eternal Being, the King of Kings, has always existed. 

Within him are three persons (the Trinity), each coequal and coeternal with the other. Though taking on different functions, each remains fully God and becomes known to me because of his role affecting both my natural and eternal life. 


Redeemed: 
The person of God, the Father (Creator) designed the plan to reconcile me (each of us) back unto himself within time and into eternity. 


Teamed: 
The person of God, the Son became flesh (Incarnation). He entered time, teamed with me in humanness, and carried out the Father’s redemptive plan. He took on my sins (all mankind’s), died and conquered death (resurrection), so I could be reconciled to God. 


Seamed: 
The person of God, the Holy Spirit is the indwelling presence of God, freely sent after the Son of God completed his redemptive act and returned to the Father. He seams up and completes the Trinity’s presence in my spirit. The Spirit of truth, proceeding from the Father, testifies about the Son of God (John 15: 26). With his grace-filled guidance, I can choose to walk out God’s plans for my life.

 What a throne room! With the King’s compassionate love, gifts abound. I am saved, have an eternal destiny, and am forgiven when I confess my times of failure. 

There is restoration as I walk through times of questioning and sorrow-filled grief. 

Throughout the events in each season of my life, grace flows during times of fellowship in the throne room. Rejoicing arises as there becomes a singleness of purpose and agreement.

Prayer: “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity . . .” (John 17: 22-23a). Amen.







Lynn L. Severance. "Seeking the Light of God's Comforter - When Challenges Dim Our View" 56. The King and I.  Redemption Press. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?