Sunday, February 12, 2017

Launch Day - February 12, 2017

The Countdown Days Are Completed!!

Today, Seeking the Light of God's Comforter--When Challenges Dim Our View goes wide-distribution.  The blog posting of February 11 gives the best means for purchasing a copy: print or E-book versions.

It was one year ago this day, February 12, 2016, that I met with my publisher, Athena Dean Holtz in the Redemption Press offices about an hour and a half drive south of me. The publishing process had begun in October, 2015 but this was our first opportunity for an in-person space of time for her to see my vision for formatting  "Seeking the Light. . .". 

That same October, 2015, I met with my CPA to talk over what I needed to know as I was setting out to be published. Bill Brady is my CPA and before him, his father, Dan, so they are long time friends in my life. Bill was so elated about my FINALLY being published that he said, "I know the perfect spot for you to have your book launch party!"

Never having considered a "launch party", let alone one in a special club where Bill and his family are members as their high school son is active in the sport of crew, I was not sure what to say. But before I could say much, Bill informed me that this "launch party" was to be his gift to me. 

I cried. Not an ugly cry - but some tears formed in amazement. I walked out of his office feeling like Cinderella. I have never had "an event" - let alone in a nice club.

But here we are - many able to gather to celebrate with me - my having been able to do the decor so it is color themed around the cover design of my book. It will be a blessed day and when photos are available, I will joyously post some on this blog so you can rejoice knowing, too, that your prayers and support have been a huge part that has brought me to this day. 

Thank you!


10 comments:

  1. A happy day! We all celebrate this wonderful event! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen - and for your consistent encouragement along the years!

      Delete
  2. Many, many congratulations and best wishes, my dear friend, on the official "birth day" of your "baby," May it go forth and prosper, touching lives as it does so. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She (and I ) are on our way! Where "she" takes me, only God will reveal but I choose to be ready! Thanks, Shelby!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on this your Book Launch Day! Soooo exciting! So, I guess your book's birthday is Feb 12th 2017. You did it!!! Woo hooooooooo!!!
    LOTSoluv Kerryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choose Feb 12, 2017 to the the official birthday, Kerryn. Even more so now having experienced the 'birth' that occurred on the launch day. So much came together that the date along will always be THE birthday!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Lynn!
    Praying all is going well and many will be encouraged - you especially.
    Love,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Lynn! I am very exited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandie - it is exciting and I am grateful to have you walking along with me!

      Delete

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?