Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday, 2016

He is risen! 


My sins had crushed You to the point of death. A soldier slashed your side for that last drop of salvation’s blood and water gushed out. 

Living water - setting me free, alive with graced reconciliation to the Father and to my rightful Home. 

Father, set my soul sailing
 Like a cloud upon the wind.
Free and strong to carry on 
Until the journey’s end.

Each mile I put between the past 
And the future in Your hand
I learn more of Your Providence 
And I find out who I am.

I want to thank You for the gift of Your Son,
 And for the mystery of prayer,
And for the faith to doubt and yet believe 
That You’re really there.

The mysteries of Your Word are the questions of my days.
I search them now to understand the wisdom of Your ways.
Jesus walks before me and clearly marks the path 
To guide me to the Father and to peace at last.

I want to thank You for the gift of your Son,
And for the mystery of prayer,
And for the faith to doubt and yet believe 
That You’re really there.
Yes, you’re really there! 


From the recording, “Joni’s Song” (1982)
Sung by Joni Eareckson Tada


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?