Saturday, October 7, 2017

Book Excerpt #23 Planting and Harvest

45.  Planting and Harvest


How do any of us become the fertile soil where the seeds of God’s word and life remain rooted? Once it was a given in a garden, but now we must tend to our lives as we journey back Home. 

Thus, if the soil is to become fertile, it will happen along the way. We co-labor with God, the sower, making choices that lead us toward the harvest of his intent.

Lord, help me stay the course. Keep sowing the seeds that will help me remain rooted and secure in, and with you. Amen.




Lynn L. Severance. Seeking the Light of God's Comforter When Challenges Dim Our View. 45. Planting and Harvest. Redemption Press. 

3 comments:

  1. Amen & amen! LOVE the photo! It reminds me of our time in the USA in 2000, when we visited a pumpkin farm, ate pumpkin ice-cream & carved pumpkins! What fun! Enjoy this special season, Lynn. God bless. LOTSoluv Kerryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And we are right into 'pumpkin everything' season here, Kerryn. This photo was taken at a 'farm' that harvests pumpkins in season. I walked (and slipped) my way to find just the right image leaving me with my own memories of this book's photo journey.

      I am glad you are headed into Spring after the harsh winter you had there in Australia. xo Lynn

      Delete

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?