Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Holy Spirit and Our Afflictions

“Jesus Christ is the same 
yesterday and today and forever” 
(Hebrews 13:8).

God’s promised Comforter, the One to lead us into all truth was first given to Jesus’ apostles -- hovering, filling them with boldness to walk out their calling. (Acts 2)
God’s Holy Spirit is also his promised Comforter to each of us. I ponder the words that accompany the gospel account. “All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them” (Acts 2:4).
There have been the times I have had to learn a new language as I faced unknown experiences. Some required changes that were work related. Others were emotional turns that set me in motion, grasping for words to convey the disorientation, pleas of hope to return to a grounded center.
Within me, during these times, God’s Comforter was interceding, hovering heart-close, beckoning me to the rhythm of my new language because only He had the true words to meet my needs.”And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Romans 8:27).
My burdens found his light and shone as gifts. Others, having experienced their own impacting moments, were met walking upon the same road. We unwrapped comfort from one another in the encouragement of recognition. 

Praise

Your Presence reveals the depth of your brightened care, 
O Comforter, perfectly named.


from “Feathered Whispers from God’s Heart”
Lynn L. Severance


1 comment:

  1. Great devotion Lynn!
    How much we depend upon the Holy Spirit!
    Blessings.
    Karlton

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?