Saturday, October 20, 2018

Mansion Builder

 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am” (John 14:1a, 2-3).

I was part of a discussion about the importance of physical exercise and how maintaining a target heart rate is necessary for the exercise to be fully beneficial. It raised this question within me. “How is my spiritual heart rate these days?” As Christ is preparing a place for me, yet to come, my earthly home which is a temple where his Sprit dwells, needs attention now.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled.” 

When my mind churns with anxieties, I am not on target with Christ as my center. My problems take center stage and bring disrespect to his temple. Problems cannot be denied but they do not identify me. 


Christ does.
As I do my best to tend to my literal home here on earth, my body, soul, and spirit also need attention. I don’t want to trip over any clutter within or without. I want the target of my focus to be filled with him so that his purposes will rate the most.
Praise


Your building plans here and to come
 are targeted perfectly for me!


Mansion Builder
as sung by The Second Chapter of Acts
(click on link to listen)

from “Feathered Whispers from God’s Heart”

Lynn L. Severance

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo true Lynn! Unfortunately, due to illnesses, I can't manage to do exercise to lift my heart rate, nor can I manage cleaning my home (other than dusting!) so attending to "my spiritual heart rate" is even more important! Lots to think about when I say this. Thank goodness that God leads & guides us in this. God bless. LOTSoluv Kerryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerryn - it is true for me, as well, with exercise unless I can get my walker and 'move' with it to get some walking in. My home - well - with just me there is lots of 'have to do it'. Hopefully, my spiritual heart rate is fine (and also my biological heart, too). We both have time to tend it it when we are not exercising in other ways.

      Love - Lynn xo

      Delete
  2. Nice devotion Lynn!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?