Monday, August 6, 2018

Expressing Gratitude to God

“And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior” (Luke 1:46-47).

Mary was pregnant and had traveled a distance to visit her cousin, Elizabeth, who also was with child. “. . . when Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit” (Luke 1:41).

Mary’s response glorified the Lord. Both women magnified God’s gift of life within them and were in wonder at the bestowal. 

Am I to be different knowing I am filled with the same Spirit? I cling to his nearness. 

I need his strength magnified. I want to magnify him when I have the opportunity. With him, I am more than any challenges that shout at me for attention, more than my hopes, more than my dreams. 

I want to leap with them and let him do the shining while I watch in wonder. He has all of them safe in his heart and knows the timing of their release and fulfillment.

I want God to use all I have experienced and am experiencing for his glory, be I alone or with others. 

 “I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation” (Psalm 40:10b ESV). 

A congregation of one or more? 

The numbers do not matter. 
How I choose to walk and share does.

Praise
Rejoicing in You!
 Your birthed self within, leaping in wonder!


from “Feathered Whispers from God’s Heart”


Lynn L. Severance


2 comments:

  1. Thought provoking challenge Lynn, to "want God to use all I have experienced and am experiencing for his glory, be I alone or with others."

    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Blessings,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona.
      It is a challenge for sure - but so much good outweighs the challenges if we can get our focus where it belongs.
      God's faithfulness oversees all of it.

      Love,
      Lynn

      Delete

Leave a note to help us all sing! What are your thoughts?